9.15.2009

Light the Sky and Hold on Tight

Ever feel like setting things on fire?

Not literally, of course. I am not an arsonist. But figuratively dropping the match on the pile of tinderwood you've been dancing around for months, even years.

I broke a friendship awhile ago -- shattered it, actually -- for a whole bunch of reasons, not the least of which is that it was time to let it go. Yet I keep a sort of minimal tabs online of the narcissitic personality in question. Why? Beats the hell out of me. Maybe it's the veiled references he is still making to/about me. Maybe I just can't let go of my anger.

I almost responded today. I almost poured on the gasoline and got out my flamethrower. Some nasty, dark part of myself kept whispering, "Burn it all!"

I wrote this instead.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

I'm sorry...I have a similar thing, but the people involved aren't actively baiting me, as this guy is. To not fire back and have your say is difficult, especially if the friendship was close...

Panamamama said...

Yeah, I've felt that way...
I love your writing. You really have a gift.