9.24.2009

A Century of Pages

Finally passed the hundred-page mark for The Pirate's Bride; 108 pages to be exact. This milestone actually occurred a few days ago, but I wanted to make sure I planned to keep what I'd written. (It doesn't happen often, but I do sometimes scrap whole scenes, and that would have taken me back into the nineties.)

Frankly, it doesn't seem like much for ten months' work -- only about 58 pages, 'cuz I had 50 when I started. I try to take into account, however, that I also completed a major and a minor rewrite to Slide in those ten months, as well as moved 1.5 households, provided serious emotional support to my dad as he coped with his wife's terminal illness and eventual death, and laid the groundwork for several other projects.

I would really love to knock out 50 more pages before November 6. That would still only bring my average up to about 8.3 pages per month... but who's counting?

1 comment:

Joseph said...

"...but who's counting?"

Someone is counting.

Congratulations on the milestone :)

re: 50 pages - this is the part in the movie version with the montage and inspirational song ! Wahoo ! *go for it*.

I think it'd be difficult, but not impossible. If you had 10 days where you wrote 5 pages each...that seems to be more likely (to me) than writing a page every day. The output would ultimately be the same, but I would think things would flow better when they're continuous.

But we never know.