12.07.2008

Weekly Wrap-up

If I were my boss, I would probably write me up this week for failing to perform up to my abilities. I've been distractable, unpunctual, and largely unproductive.

What I did get done: typed, edited, printed and mailed a 50-page biography of a family member for a Christmas present per request. This did not require much of a re-write, per se; mostly it involved checking the grammar & spelling and reorganizing a few thoughts for a more linear presentation.

Two pages of The Pirate's Bride. That may not seem like much, but considering how stuck I was feeling last Monday, it feels great to me.

The opening scene (two pages) for the screenplay of The Long Black Veil. We had a different opening altogether when we first wrote this way back when, so I finally updated it to reflect the book's opening. It's been awhile since I worked on a screenplay, so this was both interesting and kind of productive.

One page of the newest screenplay, tentatively titled The Season of the Witch. I had a vision for how I wanted this to go, but frankly, I don't think I captured it yet. Still, it's a start.

Other stuff: played lots of spider solitaire, spent time with my husband and sister, put up plastic on several windows to cut the drafts down a bit in my old house, came up with several Christmas present ideas, provided support to my dad (whose wife is extremely ill), took care of a sick kitty, cooked a bunch of meals, did a lot of laundry, and let the guys in to fix the elliptical.

What I didn't do that I said I would do: send out query letters to agents. For whatever inexplicable reason, I just don't think it's the right time yet. William, Jeannine and I will look over the query letter again before the year is out and make sure it's saying all it needs to say. I am going to bow to my instincts and wait a little longer.

Okay... time to round 'em up and head 'em out. I guess I'll just give myself a warning for now that I better show a little more initiative in the week to come...

2 comments:

Ethel76 said...

I might be something like your boss at this point, and I am checking up on you. Nice work. Right on schedule. I'm going to work on mine right now.

Bobbi said...

Aye, aye, Cap'n! :)